The ultimate in off-road touring....
The RedSands five person 4WD Camper comes with everything you need for an awesome adventure.
Our 4WD campers are available all year from Perth and seasonally from our Broome and Darwin locations (March - November).
We have a modern fleet of Toyota Hilux 4WD's. All our vehicles are automatic and come with standard features such as turbo diesel engine, high and low range 4WD, auto-locking hubs and air conditioning. But we don't stop there! We enhance these 4WD's even more, by adding these features:
- All terrain tyres, including two spare tyres
- Upgraded off-road suspension
- Dual batteries with Redarc Power Management System
- 80 litre fresh water tank inside camping pod (water stays nice and cool)
- Under bonnet air compressor
- Bull bar
- Recovery gear
- Satellite navigation
- Personal Locator Beacon (PLB)
- UHF Radio
- Hema 4WD map
- Reversing camera
- 24 hour roadside assistance
...and the best thing is, you don't pay extra for these items.
Our vehicles are equipped with arguably the highest quality roof top tents available anywhere in the world. The two person James Baroud hard shell roof-top tent with solar fan takes just minutes to erect and pack away. The five person campers are also equipped with a second James Baroud Roof Top Tent on the main cab. Again, in line with all equipment on our 4WD campers, these are super easy to set up and pack away!
We also include bedding and towels for all travelling passengers.
To protect you from the heat of the day or a shower of rain, each vehicle is fitted with an awesome awning (you need to see it to believe it).
We also provide big comfortable chairs for you to relax in, a couple of tables for drinks and snacks and lots of LED lighting to illuminate your campsite.
Who says camping food needs to be boring? RedSands kitchens have been thoughtfully designed so a culinary masterpiece can be easily prepared. Your personal 'camp kitchen' includes a built-in kitchenette with a two-burner gas stove, frypan, saucepans, kettle, colander, mixing bowl, chopping board, crockery, cutlery, wine glasses and cups.
To keep everything chilled, we have a 40 litre Engel Fridge which runs 24 hours per day from your dual battery and an 80 litre fresh water tank inside the dust-proof canopy to keep you hydrated throughout your trip.
- Fuel capacity 80 Litres plus 20 litre jerry can (new vehicles in fleet from 2017 have long range 140 litre tanks)
- Fuel consumption (approx) 12-14 Litres per 100km
- Fuel/engine size diesel 2.8L
- Transmission 6 speed automatic
- Overall height 2.60m
- Overall length 5.20m
- Overall width 2.00m
- Double bed 1.98m x 1.40m (Roof Tent 1)
- Double bed 2.20m x 1.60m (Roof Tent 2)
- Air conditioning
- Airbags (ANCAP 5 star rated vehicle)
- Fire extinguisher
- 2 x 2kg gas bottles
- Dual batteries
- Recovery gear
- Under bonnet ARB air-compressor
- Radio/CD player
- Bluetooth audio
- USB input
- Camp shower
- Step ladder